The Captains – GW24

captains

With the quick turnaround between gameweeks, it’s already time to start looking at captaincy options! Suarez did the job last week, but will he get the number 1 gig yet again? Time to find out…

The Contenders:

Aguero – When fit I truly believe he is the best striker in the world. He has everything, and that first half against Spurs was amazing. However he seems to be injured half the time unfortunately, and I can’t see him being fit for Chelsea’s visit. If his injury is under 2 weeks I will be definitely holding him though.

Adebayor – Hull’s strong home form has me concerned, and I think this will be an extremely tight game. Adebayor should have the class to get on the scoresheet, but I’m not sure at all about captaincy.

Mata – Don’t even think about it! I think he will have a similar impact to Silva, classy and consistent without the high ceiling.

Top 3:

1. Suarez – I’m keeping it short and simple this week. West Brom conceded 4 to Aston Villa last week and lost 4-1 to Liverpool earlier in the season. SAS is on fire at the moment and Liverpool are scoring goals for fun. Take your pick out of Sturridge and Suarez this week, I will once again be sticking with Luis. Sturridge had a better game last week and they still scored the same, you just can’t go wrong with Suarez captain!

2. Rooney – If you’re after a differential this week then Rooney could be your best bet. He has a great record against Stoke in the past and will almost certainly return to the starting XI after a bench appearance last week. RVP and Rooney will finally be re-united and I can smell goals in this one, remember how Stoke have played against top opposition this season. Not a bad captaincy option at all.

3. Sturridge – He is probably hotter than Suarez right now, but you just have to think he will take a back seat in one of the games to come. Surely he can’t keep this form up, but while you’re hot, you’re hot. Not worth the risk in my opinion, Suarez should score just as well, if not better.

The Punt:

Ozil – Never underestimate Crystal Palace. They have a tight defence under the new Pulis regime and will make life tough for an out of sorts Arsenal. However guys like Ozil, Cazorla and Giroud all have to come under the punt category. I would just play it safe though.

So that’s it from me this week! There wasn’t any time to do a transfer talk unfortunately, but feel free to ask any transfer queries you may have below. Good luck for the weekend! Cheers.

About these ads

13 comments on “The Captains – GW24

1. juramentado says:

Pellegrini on Aguero: “Doctor is saying maybe one month. It is very difficult as he is a top player for us.”

2. Dropped Aguero and Hazard… To bring in RVP and Mata

• N1qQ45 4R3 K1nG5 says:

You could definetly find better value than RVP I recon. If Benteke is back to last years form than he is definetly one to get for Aguero, even Giroud who seems to have found some confidence and finishing ability, Sturridge definetly over RVP IMO…i just dont recon the extra 4mil is worth it, surely you can spend it elsewhere

• brandonpietie says:

My strikers are now RVP Benteke and Suarez. And with Rooney and Mata next to RVP I’m sure that he will be well supplied

Devastated Aguero is out for a month… Negredo would be my choice of trade, think he will smash it. Still don’t trust Dzeko and would have nothing to do with the extra cash. If it would help your structure then Dzeko might be worth a shout

4. Kevin Madden says:

Help me decide between Rooney and Negredo, My other forwards are Suarez and Adebayor…. of course i am trading Kun

• N1qQ45 4R3 K1nG5 says:

Rooney I recon, Negredo is still a big gamble, with Dzeko having a really nice game off the bench and Jovetic scorig in his first BPL appearance (I am pretty sure) his starting spot may be under fire. Rooney will be starting almost every game, he will not be content with bench appearances and not even Moyes is that stupid!

Negredo will play every game when fit, 4 of their next 5 games at the Etihad and we all know his home record. Rooney will drop deep with RVP and Mata, I would say the risks are fairly even!

Shirt and sweet Matt, brilliant! I was stuck this week jot really sure, Im glad I am backbto Suarez, lastw week wasnt too good hahaha :(

Also pretty devestated I cant get Noone into my starting 11, Id love to replace him with Azpil but ive only got 3 defenders playing :(
    First world problems….