Well it’s good to be back, Matt here to bring you my weekly edition of transfer talk covering all the big movers and losers from last weekend’s fixtures. Let’s take a look.
- Baines (7.2) – Probably the biggest winner from last weekend’s games, he is proving to be the best defender this season and with a goal, 2 assists and multiple bonus points already in the bag a home game against Swansea provides the perfect time for him to go huge and for those managers without him to get him in! I know I did, great option
- Rafael (5.7) – With Jones now seemingly sidelined for the next couple of months Rafael is stepping up, a start and goal against Liverpool defied his critics and with the RB slot all to himself he provides a fantastic route into United’s defence, another great option both in attack and defence.
- Cole (6.6) – Finally Ashley stepped up for his first goal since 2010 and with that off his back he could get a run on. Chelsea look very solid at the back and with Cole’s attacking threat he provides a great alternative to Ivanovic, who could come under competition from Azpilicueta in the near future. Great job security makes Cole a good, safe option.
- Fellaini (7.2) – Up 0.3 already this week! Time to make up our minds whether he will continue in this dominant vein. I am not jumping on board but I still think he is a great option. I don’t think he is a must have so don’t go forcing him into your team, but if you can fit him in then by all means go for it, great option!
- Ba (7.9) – Proving, against all odds that he can still perform with Papiss Cisse in the team. While his Senegal team mate is struggling for form Ba is tearing it up with 3 goals in his last 2 games. However I still have a few question marks but that’s just me, he almost has my tick of approval. Fletcher and Berbatov still provide safer options so in my opinion they are the way to go, otherwise Demba’s your man!
- Fletcher (7.2) – Absolute jet of a player, I suggested him as an option from the second he made it to Sunderland. Now he is proving his price tag to be justified and at 7.2 is a fantastic POD for your 3 man strike force. I have traded him in this week and don’t hesitate to do so, he is a locked on starter and will only continue to score, a home game against Wigan this week gives him the opportunity to stretch his goal scoring record and cover that -4 point hit if needed.
- Lambert (6.2) – Starting to come to life in the EPL Rickie is proving why he was such a prolific goal scorer in the championship. 4 goals and an assist in his 5 appearances so far make for good reading and if you’re looking for a great cheap striker, he is your man.
- Dyer (5.9) – Swansea have been proven to not be invincible, and with it guys like Dyer and Michu aren’t such full proof options. People are jumping off board so make a decision with him quick.
- Torres (10.0) – A lot of fellow fpl players such as myself fell into Fernando’s trap yet again. NEVER AGAIN! He is still the same striker lacking confidence like last year. So many chances he gets the chance to shoot but lays it off instead, just have a crack! Many better, more consistent options around so I would trade.
- Tevez (9.9) – With Aguero back in the frame and Balotelli nearing a return Carlos looks very susceptible to rotation now. If he is going to play the big UCL fixtures he could be at risk of rotation! He played the full 90 minutes midweek in the cup and looks like he could bench again this weekend. It might be time to jump off Tevez if it suits, for a cheaper guy like Fletcher or Berbatov. However don’t knee-jerk either, have 50% of players have the same problem.
- Graham (6.0) – Unfortunately Danny has not lived up to the pre-season hype. Two home fixtures against Wigan and Reading are tempting me to keep him for the next few weeks but after that, Lambert could be the man to go for.
- Cisse (9.2) – He is yet to reach the form that shot him to stardom last year and is being overtaken once again by his international teammate Ba. You can’t keep him with the threat of Ba so while he is out of form shy away and if you still have him trade!
- Tevez (9.9) – While he could be subject to rotation don’t go costing yourself points to trade him out just yet. He is still owned by 49.4% of managers so don’t feel as though you must trade him out. Over the next few weeks though you may need to move him on, possibly for Aguero.
- Michu (7.4) – After such an impressive start to the season new fpl managers are starting to realise why it is such a long season. Home games against Wigan and Reading to follow are keeping him in my team for now, but Pienaar and Fellaini are screaming pick me!
- Williams/Rangel/Vorm – The Swansea defence has come under siege in the last few weeks but with home games against Wigan and Reading as ZI said before clean sheets are still possible in the near future. Long term look at moving them on, Stoke’s fixtures coincide nicely.
- Kagawa (8.5) – Kagawa hasn’t lit up the EPL like Hazard has but don’t stress, he will begin to adapt. I believe you should hold him at least for the next few weeks and give him a chance, he will provide a great POD and I don’t think it’s worth costing yourself a trade to get rid of him just yet.
Well that just about wraps it up for this week. Things should be back to normal from my end so expect to see the news wrap up around tomorrow afternoon, had a lot of catching up to do! Good luck with all your transfers this week and hope they pay off!