Preview – Round 7

Round 7 is nearly upon us, whats going to happen? I have no idea but I’ll try and play Nostradamus anyway!

Man City V Sunderland

Man City host Sunderland in a tight looking game. City has the obvious attacking qualities but have really started to stagnate of late, they usually find a way but they can’t come from behind every week to get a result. Sunderland are tight as a drum right now and well organised, they don’t get many shots on goal but when they do Fletcher usually puts it away. I reckon Sunderland can do enough for a point here… Might give this a 1-1 score line.

Chelsea v Norwich

Chelsea takes on Norwich at the bridge, not much to say here really. Chelsea’s attacking players are really starting to gel with a lot of one touch flicking and passing, they are a bit suspect in defence but still have only conceded one goal in the past 5 matches. Norwich will plug away but probably won’t be able to stop a 3-0 defeat.

Liverpool v Stoke

Liverpool takes on Stoke in a game where Stoke will be typically hard to break down. Suarez was good last week as were Liverpool but this is a different challenge all together. You must keep patient and eventually you will find a way, but I reckon Stokes talls will also find a way through Liverpool’s defence also… 1-1 here.

Swansea v Reading

Swansea takes on Reading in a game they may be able to rekindle their early season form. They seem like a team that has a passing game to bamboozle lesser teams but doesn’t quite stand up to sterner or well organised defences. Reading have been doing just OK, I reckon this one may end in a 3-1 victory to the Swans.

West Brom v QPR

West Brom host QPR who is still yet to win this year, I reckon this trend may continue, The baggies are just too well organised at the minute for QPR to trouble them, and they have some good finishers in attack who should be able to put a couple of goals away, 2-0 to West Brom here.

Wigan v Everton

Everton travel to Wigan… a team that doesn’t play too well at home. Wigan actually played really well last week but got zero reward for their efforts. Everton started the year with a lethal left flank combination but of late the right has really began to pull its weight also, Coleman is showing a bit as well has Miralles…. showing that you can’t just concentrate on Pienaar, Fellaini and Baines. They look good all over the pitch right now; it’s hard to tip against them, 0-2 to the toffees.

West Ham v Arsenal

West ham host Arsenal; I have my doubts that Arsenal can break West Ham down here; the irons have been seriously tight at home. Arsenal gave up two of the dodgiest goals ever last week showing the old set piece fragility all over again. With Carroll back in the West Ham mix you would worry as a Gooner about trying to stop his huge presence all day long. Hard to pick this one, maybe 2-1 to West ham in a bit of an upset.

Southampton v Fulham

Southampton takes on Fulham in a game I find hard to pick. Southampton are great on the fast break but ship far too many goals. Fulham are not great away but have some good attacking talents. I just have a feeling Southampton are about to score a nice win… they have been knocking on the door for a little while, this week I reckon might be the week for a 3-0 win to them with Lambert running riot.

Tottenham v Aston Villa

Rejuvenated Spurs takes on Villa at home. Slowly slowly spurs are getting it together. It was always going to take a little bit of time to adjust to a new game style and to be honest I’m still not sold on them but I reckon they can do enough against a Villa side who are also adjusting to a new game style. It won’t be easy but I’m calling it 1-0

Newcastle v Man United

Finally Newcastle take on a stuttering United at St James. United have been a mess at the back, they have been flaky at best, but you can never discount a side with Rooney and RVP up front. Newcastle are solid at home and I really want to pick them but you don’t often see United lose a few on the trot, I’m willing to back them in to get a result of some kind here.. Even if it’s a draw, OK, 2-2 it is.

So there’s the preview, have I made any howlers? Let me know in the comments,

@adzman78

24 comments on “Preview – Round 7

1. MattyZach says:

I can’t decide between Vorm and Jaask in goals this week, and this hasn’t helped me!

I think you’re about spot on with your calls this week. Norwich, for mine, could concede more than 3 vs Chelsea.

2. The Plagiarist says:

You’ve got to stop doing this article under the influence of cannabis! Arsenal will towel West Ham. City, Liverpool and United also certainties. It’s a favourites round for multi’s. You have done well with some upset tips this season but you’re crashing this week!!!!!

3. mad romeys says:

Should I keep Berbatov??

4. Factor x says:

who would you guys play on the bench between ben arfa, felliani, pieenar, lambert, fletcher, agureo, hazard and bale? just one….

5. james says:

none whats your defence like if you have that attack?

6. Tim says:

who would you put on the bench out of silva, bale, hazard, mata, ben arfa, aguero, van persie and torres?

7. Tim says:

and defence kompany, demel, cuellar, hughes, clyne?

I might revert back my old DT rule, whos higher on the table to decide who goes on my field.

9. mad romeys says:

I am currently 0.3 short of doing a straight swap from Tevez to Aguero.
    Should I downgrade Friedel to Foster and then complete the trade??

10. harleydickfos says:

Team
    Cech (Foster)
    Kompany Baines Vertonhagen (Vermalaen, Walker)
    Silva, Bale, Mata, Cazorla (Hazard)
    Aguero Va Persie Jelavic
    Thoughts?

11. harley says:

bought jenkinson, sold last week to kompany bought teve 9.0 sold 9.9, bought ivanovic 6.5 sold 7.1,feliani michu sold 7.3 each, started with ba sold this week for aguero and sorry mistake with walker, he’s in my other team thats actually clyne

12. Max says:

Guys looking for a defender for under 6.6k already have the likes of rangel, walker, thinking of dishing of hangeland to johnson? Or i dont know what transfer to do michu? or Vorm? begovic? I have 1.6k in the bank thinking of trading hazard to cazorla/silva next week

13. Glory says:

I have a bit of a Dilemma myself.

Who to start in defence out of Rafael and Zabaleta?
    Ba and Cisse can cause trouble for any defence, Manchester United could be vulnerable here with the amount of injuries.
    Also, Man City just can’t gain a cleansheet as yet.
    Who would you go?
    Thanks in advance

• mad romeys says:

Rafael, he is morw of an attacking defender, likes to push up a bit more, whereas zabaleta is terrible, I got rid of him a while ago.

14. Josh says:

Would have to say that West ham v Arsenal is wrong. will be 1-0 either way. as well as Man city winning 2-1 as well as Everton running rampant on Wigan winning 3 or 4 nil. also no chance suthampton are gonna keep a clean sheet…
    My multi:
    manc v sund over 2.5 goals
    chels v norw over 2.5 goals
    WstHam v Arsenal under 1.5 goals (this is where i am making my money)
    wig v eve over 2.5 goals
    soton v ful both teams to score
    few risky legs.. but this is where you make the money.

• The Plagiarist says:

Like that Josh! And I agree about Southampton. They couldn’t keep a clean sheet against a special needs U12 team.

Off topic but: HEART!!!!!! Victory ferals devastated at the ground last night. LOVED IT!

15. dale says:

to the plagiarist >>>>>..LIVERPOOL ARE NEVER EVER A CERTAINTY, even if there playing teams like halifax or bournemouth !!!