Just a quick wrap up this week of all the notable injuries over the international break, let’s take a look.
- City have confirmed that Silva has picked up a hamstring injury and will be likely to miss at least the next 2 weeks. This is terrible news for them as he is absolutely crucial, however it may give guys like Nasri to step up to the plate over the next couple of games.
- Fellaini was reportedly going to miss up to 3 weeks with a knee injury, now he is claiming he could even be fit for this weekend! While I think that is rather unlikely he shouldn’t be out of action for too long, good news for those who held onto him.
- Sagna has returned to full training over the past few weeks and played a friendly match against chelsea at their training ground with Jack Wilshere, both lasting the 90 minutes. He is a slight chance for this weekend but QPR next week is more likely.
- Walcott was taken off with concussion in England’s friendly against San Marino. He has suffered possible broken ribs and could miss at least the next 2 weeks, possibly forcing Gervinho out wide. Oxlade-Chamberlain should get a good run as well.
- Terry will miss the next 4 games for Chelsea after accepting the FA’s ban for racially abusing Anton Ferdinand. This could leave Chelsea’s defence rather frail over the next month, for anyone who has him then ask yourself. Why?
- Berbatov is expected to return to action this week against Villa at home and could reignite his previous form. For those who held him well done, you are learning the ways of FPL. Now let’s hope he smashes it on return.
- After giving him a mention in my previous few articles, Gaston Ramirez has suffered a dead leg injury and was expected to possibly miss until mid november. However reports now suggest he is recovering better than expected, either way he will be missing some football.
- West Ham has revealed that both Demel and Reid face a race to be fit in time for this weekends clash against Southampton. Vaz Te has had to undergo surgery on his injured shoulder and could miss something in the range of 12 weeks. What this will do to their line-up will be questionable, although Matt Jarvis may get a better run of it.
- Big news for Arsenal fans and fpl managers alike with Gibbs ruled out of this weekends game against Norwich with a thigh problem. He is still aiming to return next week against QPR but guessing who Wenger will replace him with is a tough one. Jenkinson‘s versatility may see him move to the left, leaving either Sagna or Koscielny to fill in at right back. Or he could back Santos at left back seeing as they are only playing Norwich, who knows.
- Finally Borini has been ruled out for 3 months after undergoing surgery on his broken foot. This is terrible news for Liverpool fans and could even force their hand in bringing Carroll back from his loan on an emergency deal. Either way they have very little room to move upfront right now.
- Walters grabbed a goal for his country and could be hitting form at the perfect time, with quite a lot of managers eyeing him of after GW8.
- Giroud scored again late for France to earn a 1-1 draw with Spain. He could be finally finding his feet also.
- Dempsey had a huge game for the USA, grabbing 2 goals and assisting another. If he can find the form he did last year at spurs then he could become a real fantasy option.
- Finally just quickly Dzeko has continued his great run of form away from City, scoring one and assisting another. With Mancini seemingly having a full set of in form strikers to choose from we become less certain of starters once again, who he picks this weekend is anyone’s guess.
Good luck this weekend and I hope it all goes well for you! Cheers