After a relatively quiet week it is time to take a look at who has been hardest hit by injuries and which teams are running on air. Here’s a quick recap…
- Silva has apparently flown to Spain for intensive treatment of his injured hamstring. If this is true it will be highly unlikely that he will feature tomorrow.
- Dembele has been rated a “good chance” to return for spurs this weekend by AVB after missing their midweek Europe tie.
- Toure has been labeled a doubt for this weekends game after sustaining a badly bruised shin against Ajax.
- Demel has been ruled out again this week for West Ham, with fixtures stiffening it may be time to move him on if necessary, otherwise keep him on your bench.
- Gibbs will miss again due to his calf injury, worrying for all managers who have him. Meanwhile bad news for Jenkinson owners with Sagna a “possibility” for this weekends match against QPR. I am tipping him to bench one more week, Wilshere is unlikely to return just yet.
- Great news for all owners who have Bale after it was confirmed he will start against Southampton after missing their midweek Europe league tie.
- Lampard has suffered a reacurrence of his calf problem and could be out for an even longer spell, the question is who will take the penalties now at Chelsea? Hazard or Mata it would seem.
- Koscielny returned to Arsenal’s squad midweek and could start against QPR, their CB pairing is a lottery between Mertesacker and Koscielny. Chamberlain has been ruled out again this week.
- Finally Kagawa has suffered a knee injury that may put him on the sidelines for 3-4 weeks, according to SAF. This could be good or bad news for fantasy managers, Rooney should be nailed on behind RVP and be amongst all of the play. The wingers could come back into the play more also.
- Man United have been banging in the goals all season and while they remain fragile at the back, they look extremely potent upfront. Investment in one of either Rooney or RVP may become essential if things continue this way.
- Chelsea‘s run of wins came to a holt midweek and a massive clash this weekend against United should see plenty of goals at both ends, don’t be afraid to captain anyone from either of the teams.
- Routledge has been heaped with praise by Laudrup for his recent performances and may be nailing down a berth on the wing for Swansea, although it is still a lottery at this stage.
- Arsenal‘s recent dip in form after the international break will concern some managers hoping they would hit the ground running in amidst some easy fixtures. A home game against QPR this weekend must spell goals and hopefully a clean sheet.
- Rafael is being praised no end by SAF, a good sign for his owners as he should be locked in the starting XI. Man United’s defensive woes are concerning though…
- Finally Mata has been on a storming run recently and is very much in contention for my armband this weekend, he steps up in the big games.
That’s it for this week, good luck in this weekend’s fixtures and I hope all those that had mares last week can bounce back!