Hey guys, another week has passed so it’s time to take a look over the big news concerning our Premier League boys, any injuries that occurred and who is in form…
- Van Persie is rated a doubt this week, however when there are international games midweek questions must be asked of the seriousness of this niggle. SAF has a history of resting his players prior to the international fixtures so maybe we shouldn’t read too much into it… I’ll tip RVP to start.
- Rooney is another doubt this weekend, however he did sub off early against Villa and looked to have a niggle. He has picked up an ankle knock and could be a substitute for this weekend, that’s my guess anyway. If this was the case RVP could drop into a slightly deeper role and Hernandez could take the lead, or they could play two strikers.
- Cabaye is vital to Newcatle’s success, so with him now in doubt with a groin problem and the Toon Army struggling for goals as it is Pardew could face a test coming up against Swansea.
- Mirallas has been confirmed he will face weeks out rather than months with a hamstring problem. He just can’t piece together consistent football at the moment, but the promise is still there. Jelavic should shine in his absence.
- Demel could be on the verge of a first team return following his groin injury. This could spell bad news for McCartney owners as he could miss through injury niggles also, don’t lock him in this week just yet.
- Walker, Defoe and Lennon have all missed training sessions this week and all are doubts for this weekend. Defoe especially is a concern in my books with Adebayor‘s return a success last week. Without Walker or Lennon down the right (if that’s the case) they may look to the left side to cause most of the damage. Step up Gareth Bale…
- Dembele has been ruled out this weekend also, leaving AVB with some serious injury concerns. Arsenal could take advantage of this, although it is all in attack. Bale will have to step up to the plate if Spurs are to take anything away from the derby, Dembele is vital to their success and will be missed.
- Ba should be fit to start this weekend in my book, Pardew just can’t afford to bench him. Consider the fact that Cisse is struggling for form and could miss due to a back injury then Ba will be the first man on the teamsheet. Not to worry Ba owners.
- Terry has received the positive news that he should miss only weeks, not months due to that sickening knee injury. Chelsea’s defence continues to look very shaky without his presence…
- Clichy is rated a doubt this weekend, however for those who own him I’ll tip him to start.
- Gibbs looks unlikely yet again this week, concerning not only for fantasy managers but Wenger also, Arsenal look very fragile down the left. AVB could consider switching Bale to the right throughout the game to try and exploit this weakness in the Gunners line-up.
- Fletcher has been down on form lately and now looks a doubt for this weekend against Fulham. It might be time for you to get rid of him if you still own him, Sunderland just do not hold the attacking capabilities to feed him. However you may consider Sunderland’s double gameweek coming up in GW16, food for thought.
- Finally in the keeper department, McCarthy looks set to miss yet again for reading while Pepe Reina looks finally set to return for Liverpool, unlucky Brad.
An extra lengthy list this week, there is a high probability this was due to some managers copying SAF tactics pre-international break. Some in doubt may miraculously recover, be wary.
- Wenger is contemplating a change in defensive formation if they continue to leak goals. These changes do not tend to work well when implemented, so steer clear of their defensive options for now.
- Man United are just in that vein of form where, no matter how poor they are defensively their confidence and self belief woll bring them back into games. Good luck to anyone trying to beat them, I can see at least 3 goals nestling in the Norwich net this week.
- Cisse has admitted he is low on confidence right now, just proving how important confidence actually is. A sensation last year, a flop the next. If he can manage to turn it around like the last half of last season he could be one option for later in the piece.
- Hazard has been in poor form lately, just 9 points from his last 3 games tells the story. However I feel this week may be his chance to bounce back, I just sense there will be a penalty this week and he will take it.
- Fellaini is in red hot form and just dominating the whole competition. Watch out reading is all I can say, when he is on he is unstoppable.
- Suarez is another in top form, carrying Liverpool on his shoulders. A home game against Wigan should spell points, however Liverpool have a nasty history of losing/drawing these simple fixtures. Wigan are in decent form also, however Suarez seems to have overcome his inconsistencies and should score some points.
- Berbatov is the definition of class. A home game against a lowly Sunderland could spell even more attacking returns, I rate him as a captaincy option this week…
That’s about it for today, for those of you who haven’t checked it out go take a look at Ibra’s 4th goal against England. Yes, 4th goal! In fact check them all out, he is unbelievable… Also good luck this weekend! Cheers.