Time to wrap up all the injury and form news from the past week, let’s take a look.
- Gibbs is finally back for Arsenal, we will have to see how their defence holds up with him back. Gervinho should also be back this week for those interested.
- Walcott is expected to miss this week, a shame for those who have recently traded him in but is expected to return for the midweek fixtures next week.
- Kompany is a doubt this week with a knee problem sustained in their midweek fixture against Real Madrid. Man City’s defence has tightened up recently and we could be looking for options in their defence sooner rather than later.
- Ruiz has been confirmed he should only miss a fortnight due to his hamstring injury sustained last week. Unfortunate for those who just brought him in, a spell of at least 3 fixtures in that time means that he needs to be traded. Kacaniklic is also expected to miss around 2 weeks.
- Fellaini is suspended this week, for those of you who didn’t know. He will be back immediately midweek, fresh and ready to go. Don’t trade him out whatever you do.
- McCauley has returned to training and is expected to return for West Brom this weekend. A game against a struggling Sunderland could provide a chance for a clean sheet.
- The final coffin has been placed in Ben Arfa’s managers, he has reportedly damaged his hamstring and has been ruled out of this weekend’s trip to Southampton.
- Finally Cisse has been ruled a doubt for this weekend with a thigh strain. Cabaye has also been confirmed that he will be out until at least January with a groin injury. This is disastrous news for Newcastle and once again it seems if Newcastle are going to win it will be centered around Demba Ba.
- After a loss to Juventus midweek RDM has been ridiculously given the sack by Abramovich, making way for Benitez for the rest of the season. I’m not sure how Benitez is supposed to do a better job, I reckon Pep will join after this season. After all he did control the football Abramovich admires so much at Barca. What will this change do for Chelsea? We will get a good indicator this weekend, hopefully for us they continue to play an attacking brand of football.
- Man United have come to a halt after their incredible free flowing start to the season, going their past 2 games goalless. However don’t expect that streak to continue, a home game to QPR spells goals a plenty, and possible a clean sheet to.
- Suarez is a man at the top of his game right now. He is quickly becoming a premium striker and I can’t keep ignoring him for much longer, an away trip to Swansea will be a great test of his durability.
- Ba has lost his goal scoring touch lately, while he scored last week he has missed numerous chances that he would normally take. I feel that this is a good sign, and a trip to Southampton could provide him with the perfect opportunity to bounce back.
- Everton‘s recent form has been poor, so they will hope to bounce back strongly this week against Norwich. One win in 6 is undoing their good start to the season and they will be out to perform, keep that in mind.
- Finally Manchester City are starting to become the team that miraculously won the Premier League once more, this must spell danger for the rest of the competition. An away trip to Chelsea will be a big game and goals could flow.
That’s all for this week, good luck this weekend and let’s hope our stars shine. Cheers.