Feels weird to be writing an article with one game still to play! Regardless, here’s what we learnt in an action packed weekend of EPL…
- Cazorla has been hanging around Matthew Mitcham for too long. A textbook 1/2 pike somersault is on the training regime this week.
- Aston Villa and Stoke was never going to be anything other than a 0-0 draw.
- Reading are almost a shoe in to drop at season’s end.
- Torres will screw with our heads for the next few weeks as he gains momentum
- Reading could slide 5 past Arsenal, 2 past Chelsea and 3 past Manchester United- but couldn’t register a punch against the
league’s Down Syndrome defence in Southampton.
- Cech left Johnson‘s goal to slide in, in a manner that our Australian Captain would have been proud of… (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24l5ZviHuh0)
- This is the last time I’ll chase the double game week. Most of the time it just screws your team up in the short term!* Next Double GW I retract this comment.
- Before the match, Norwich and Swansea to score over 6.5 goals was paying $14.45. Norwich to be up 3-0 at half time was paying $21. This is why I hate gambling (Not really- I love it.)
- Wigan are coming back to earth after being a mid tabled side for most of the year. They couldn’t even manage a win against a hapless QPR at home.
- Nasri did his national stereotype no favours by hiding behind Dzeko in the wall when RVP slotted home.
- Sir Alex sits top of the Premier League table, despite never completely dominating a game. You know what they say, good teams just find a way to win.
- Rio Ferdinand will miss next week after being stopped multiple times at Manchester Airport for setting off the metal detectors. The coin lodged in his brain is inoperable.
- Everton pulled a Man United– 2 goals in Fergie Time.
- Liverpool scored their second highest goals in a game for the PL season… without Luis Suarez.
- WHU v LFC had 2 own goals scored during the game (I’m counting Shelvey’s as it clearly came off Collins). Prior to this, there has only been one own goal in the previous 4 GameWeeks- Courtesy of Gareth Bale‘s face.
Well that’s what I learnt during the week, what about you guys?