After what was a weird gameweek with popular selections not reaching double figures, we must quickly turn our attention to Boxing day. Not much time to think, busy weeks ahead! We will be including the most important articles from each week before every gameweek to keep you guys above water, let’s get into it!
- Begovic – Stoke are really becoming almost unbreakable at the back. A clean sheet away to spurs is their third in just 4 games. The same goes for all of their defenders, home games against Liverpool and Southampton have clean sheets written all over them. if you don’t own at least 2 stoke defenders then you must, Begovic is your best keeper option going around.
- Guzan – Even after being absolutely belted by 8 goals, Guzan still manages to score 5 with -4 against his name! He is proving to be real value in goals and with 3 home clashes in their next four against Tottenham, Wigan and Southampton he could be a good option in the next few weeks.
- Luiz – A new midfield role make Luiz an interesting OOP proposition. While he did have a few more efforts from range it didn’t really make him any more threatening than previously. However his free kick ability is undoubted and he locks locked in Benitez’s starting XI. Great option.
- Enrique– Back with a bang, a clean sheet and an assist returned Enrique 9 points last week. It reminded us why we shouldn’t be too hasty on the transfer button, for those who held him he still provides great value. Good option if you held him but don’t go chasing him over Johnson.
- Gerrard – Two goals and two assists in the last week could signal the return of Stevie G. He is relatively cheap at just 9.3 and still holds good value. Interesting risk as a POD, I’d hold off this week though.
- Pienaar – He has snuck under the radar after Fellaini’s headbutt and has paid back those who risked bringing him in. I’m still not convinced long term however a home game against Wigan holds great short term potential.
- Torres – Dare I say it? I’m half convinced, however a tough trip to Norwich has me thinking give him one more week. However the signs are certainly saying that Torres is favouring the management of Benitez. It will all hinge on the January transfer window for Fernando.
- Downing – Just kidding.
- Tevez – A home game against reading had everyone scrambling to get him in, most then making him captain. Now the risk of rotation lies over his head and just a 2 point return against the bottom team has a lot of us worried. 50/50 call here, however there’s not many other strikers screaming pick me at the moment.
- Ba – A home game against QPR seemed certain to provide Ba owners yet another goal. However with his fixtures taking a turn for the worse, injuries hitting the Toon hard and inconsistency really hurting them it is hard to hold Ba. Tough call.
- Rafael – With United’s defence still struggling and rotation hurting Rafael it is time to let him go. However it may be wise to hold this week against a poor looking Newcastle and you would think he will return to the starting line up.
- Berbatov – Make that 7 games without a goal for Berba. Fulham have seriously struggled without Ruiz and we are now seeing how much Berba relied on him. A home game against Southampton will tell us a lot. Let’s hope for a hat-trick 😉
- Rooney – After having 7 shots on target last week, Rooney was extremely wasteful. After Hernandez came off the bench he droped deeper before being subbed after 77 minutes. This is exactly what sgtarted happening last time around. During this busy period you would think Welbeck and Hernandez will get a run through. if this is the case expect Rooney to drop deeper and struggle to return points. Not a safe enough bet for me.
- The tube strikers – To the bastards who have cost Walcott and Cazorla a home game against West ham and caused us FPL managers a whole world of trouble, screw you… Not to mention the Arsenal fans who don’t get to see their team play on Boxing day. You sit there and drive a train. Why do you want more money to sit their and do nothing? Enough said.
- Cazorla – I hate the people who see him score 23 then expect him to repeat the dose straight up next week. You missed out, bad luck. Be patient and he will repay the faith. Don’t trade him for this week, unless you are taking donuts on the pitch. He should bounce back against Newcastle.
- Defoe – This is a tough call. However I always feel he is not far away from a goal or two. don’t know if he will start this week but goals are around the corner for him. Adebayor puts a spanner in the works, if you can find a good replacement then trade him. However that’s exactly the problem, there aren’t many.
- Berbatov – A home game against Southampton spells his last chance for me. If he actually tried running on the pitch instead of walking he might be in for a chance to score. Big pressure on him this week, don’t trade yet.
- Zabaleta – Be careful here. Maicon is never far away from a start and as Mancini rotates heavily in the next few games Zab might get dropped for a game. Who knows when, risky option nonetheless.
- Snodgrass – While he is striking free kicks at will don’t expect that to continue. he hasn’t scored from open play yet and I don’t reckon he will be consistent enough to warrant selection.
- Torres – As I said before, while he is in good form and Benitez seems to be turning him around I’m not convinced this week against Norwich. If he scores again it may be too good to resist with a lack of inform strikers, however he still has a massive risk about him. Be warned.
That’s it for today. Keep an eye out for Liam’s in form and out of form tomorrow morning, before I post the captains tomorrow night! Good luck trading to all. Cheers.