Hope you all had a great Christmas! Moving swiftly on we arrive at GW 19. The boxing day schedule is usually packed full of action and this year should be no different. Suarez worked nicely for me last week, while captain RVP delivered an assist once more. Don’t forget there’s no game for Arsenal or West ham this week. Who will be your captain this Boxing Day? Let’s take a look…
Pienaar – After a 13 point haul last week he seems to be thriving once more, perhaps without the threat of Fellaini Everton are looking back to their trusty left wing. A home game against Wigan gives him a great chance to give his owners further returns and a possible captain option. However it is very risky, do it at your own peril.
Torres – If your dumb enough to trust him then he could pay off big time this week. However it is a massive risk, lets not forget what Norwich have done at home against some other big clubs. Man United held goalless and beaten, Spurs drew 1-1, Arsenal defeated 1-0, even Stoke were beaten by them. It will not be easy for Chelsea and they will certainly have a struggle on their hands. I’d steer clear.
Hazard – Similar to Torres, big risk. I am expecting a tight game and goals to be at a premium. Hazard has struggled for consistency all season so I wouldn’t be giving him the big C for sure.
Taarabt – Another risky option, West Brom won’t just roll over against QPR. While Taarabt could smash it he could just go back to his inconsistent self. Probably a good option this week but I still don’t like him as much as my number 1 and 2.
Silva – He is always a good shout for points but rarely does he reach double figures. While he could get an assist and a decent return Vanners is a much better option. Sunderland will put up a good resistance and I expect a low scoring match.
Tevez – After a failed attempt last week I highly doubt people will trust him again and I agree, not for me. Too risky.
Bale – This option could go either way. Bale usually scores in patches and if he scores he will most likely score you 20+ points as captain. An away game against Aston Villa be will a tough test but if anyone can score he can, I have a feeling he might… Once again very risky though.
1. Van Persie – Very safe option against Newcastle this week. During times like these when rotation can hit us hard safe options are usually the way to go. Risks don’t often pay off. A home game against a struggling Newcastle will provide goals and RVP should be right amongst it. Great option, a lock if you have him.
2. Michu – If you don’t have RVP, Michu could be your next best bet. An away trip to Reading will provide the inform striker a chance to increase his lead in the golden boot race. You would think Reading will look to play an attacking brand at home and hopefully Swansea can make them pay. Let’s hope.
3. Rooney – As I said, Man United should score freely against Newcastle and Rooney should be amongst the points. A much riskier option than Vanners but if you own Wayne then you should captain him, that is if you don’t own RVP. He is a good bet.
4. Mata – Always a safe bet for some points and this week should be no different. I expect him to be central to Chelsea breaking down Norwich and whilst he won’t score big, he is another safe option for those without Man United coverage. Michu is your risk, but with much more upside to him. Take your pick.
5. Berbatov – Someone had to be number 5, and if your a brave bastard then a home game against Southampton should break Berba’s scoring drought. He could go huge, Ruiz is also looking a chance to return. However as we know form doesn’t just change dramatically and it would be a massive risk to captain him…
That’s it for this gameweek, we will get straight into reviewing GW 19 after the Boxing day clashes, it all happens in a hurry before the new year! Good luck all, hope you enjoyed. Cheers.