Injury Report GW 22-23

Reading Time: 3 minutes

Sergio-Aguero-007

Another double game week presents itself but who are the injury risks around our DGW picks

Feel free to write in the comments anyone you think I have missed, why you consider them a fantasy asset or even if you think I have got it wrong, get the debate going.

ARSENAL:

Arteta, Mikel: Not a fantasy asset by a long way at 7.7 but as he is the #1 penalty taker its worth mentioning he is injured for 3 weeks. Podolski is rumoured to be 2nd in line which makes his prospects all the more interesting.

ASTON VILLA:

Dunne, Richard: Vlaar has finally overcome his 3 month calf injury featuring on the bench last week. The other rock in the Aston Villa defence (well it is starting to feel like a former rock) is set for a return shortly. Dunne at 4.7 has returned to training but is lacking fitness expect a return in a few weeks (2-3) which will lift Villa’s defensive fortunes.

CHELSEA:

EVERTON:

FULHAM:

Ruiz, Bryan: His hamstring played up in the last league game. Was rested from the FA Cup and is ready to go again this gameweek.

LIVERPOOL:

Enquire, Jose: The 11th of February is the planned return date. We will have to wait and see if they can speed up the process due to the magic of regular therapy. I think Liverpool will be rather careful though looking after their long term prospects.

MANCHESTER CITY:

Aguero, Sergio: The main man leading the City line is down with a hamstring injury. It is rather disappointing because Aguero was just finding some form with back to back double figure scores. (keeping RVP owners honest) Aguero is a doubt for the 19th (50-50).

MANCHESTER UNITED:

Vidic, Nemanja: Suffered a concussion in the Liverpool game. Is apparently safe to go for the weekend.

Evans, Jonny: Ferguson gave him the FA Cup game off and stated he would be fit for the weekend. Is fit & should play.

NEWCASTLE: 

Looking at Newcastle’s assets leaves us with a traffic light situation (all flashing red in my eyes). With Ba out of the picture it is safe to say Newcastle are firmly in the relegation battle.

Taylor, Steven: Pardew say already come out and said he won’t be risked. They need an extended run from the quality but injury prone centre back.

Ben Arfa, Hatem: Expected back this week. That still seems doubtful with no major news out of the club. My sources tell me February 2nd is the expected return date.

NORWICH:

Ruddy, John: Out with a long term injury is expected back in late February (26th), so Bunn at 4.1 is safe for now (although not a great keeper).

Whittaker, Steven: Has been very good at right back for a minimal 4.1 but has picked up a unknown injury. This paves the way for captain Russell Martin who has been quite attacking of late.

QPR:

READING:

SOUTHAMPTON:

Lallana, Adam: A return date is unknown, another 4 weeks could be expected. Rumours are the 9th of February. They appear to have found a way to win without their captain. Puncheon’s prospects have again been boosted consider him the best value player in the game at present.

Fonte, Jose: Is out with a knee injury, the 24th of February is the apparent return date.

STOKE:

Wilkinson, Andy: A back injury is a doubt (50-50) for this weekends game.

Wilson, Mark: A few weeks away from returning to training. At the bargain price of 4.0 keep an eye on this guy as he returns well underpriced.

SUNDERLAND:

Cuellar, Carlos: Suffered a hamstring injury in the recent FA Cup game. Carlos has been quite an injury prone player in recent seasons. Regardless of that fact a hamstring injury is normally 2-3 weeks.

Fletcher, Steven: Currently has an illness (flu) is expected to shake it off for the weekends game.

SWANSEA:

TOTTENHAM:

Gallas, William: My tottenham underpriced favourite -Dawson- is shaping up as an option now but Gallas is expected to be fit this week. This will test out where AVB is with these two ‘captains’.

WEST BROM:

Are missing their two main holding midfielders with Olsson still a slight doubt West Brom’s promising start is looking to come to an end.

WBA have Olsson (centre back) with a 75% chance to play. The holding midfielder Yacob is a 25% chance.

Long is a chance to return off the bench (hamstring niggle) which again puts lukaku’s minutes in doubt (sadly).

WEST HAM:

McCartney (3.9) has an MCL Knee injury. Typically this kind of injury is anywhere from 2-6 weeks. Don’t expect a return in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Collins, James: Has pulled his hamstring expect 2-3 weeks out which is rather worrying for West Ham’s defence. It does give Tomkins a chance though who is certainly not the worst defender going around.

O’Brien, Joey: A hamstring injury with a mere 25% chance of playing. Having missed a couple of games in the last week is a serious doubt due to the typical repair time on a hamstring injury.

Noble, Mark: Has a shin compliant as the penalty taker is worthy of a mention (especially in a double gameweek). Is a 75% chance of playing.

WIGAN:

Plenty of niggles expected at this time of year that are not listed (especially people pulling out with illness), expect last minute changes and rotation so ensure you have a strong squad to fill in any blanks.

@Liam

8 comments on “Injury Report GW 22-23

  1. templetontherat

    I did 2 trades last week and one of them was to get Shane Long in and of course he didn’t play (and thankfully Craig Gardner was my number 1 sub and not Jonathan Walters). Should I trade him out and who would you suggest since he cost 6.0 and I have no extra cash?

    • Louie K

      Di Santo will lead Wigan’s attack in the absence of Kone. Good value at 5.3. New signing Remy will score on debut vs West Ham and is valued at 6.0 (just a hunch).

    • Liam Post Author

      Long is going to rotate with Lukaku at best. Lukaku is in form and Long has had many injury worries this season. From his back to his hamstrings he has constant niggles. While also looking at the last run of games he has not scored since GW13.

      There is not much in the market really below that price that I would say ‘YES’ get them

      As Louie suggests Di Santo at 5.3 is worth a look, POG (from reading) at 4.3 is cheap as chips & is on a remarkable run of late.

      The best option though is Remy of QPR this guy could very well destroy premier league defenses, the unknown factor is the tough part but in your current situation he is worth the risk.

      • templetontherat

        Thank you both for the advice. I am still in the fantasy cup (by far my best run in it ever) and I hope I can stay in. You’ve given me a lot to think about.

    • tseagrim Post Author

      I realllllly think Vermaelen was overpriced. Has hardly scored anything all year, but he does have a thumping header and left peg from dead balls.

      • stiffysexton

        i was only going to trade ivanovic out for the DGW and didn’t want to much remainder cash left over…..so although he is expensive i can always re-jig the team a bit later on down the track

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: