Hello and welcome to this weeks edition of the News Wrap. There are a few injury and team news this week, lets get into it!
- Liverpool have confirmed that young Brazilian star, Coutinho, will be sidelined until the end of October with a shoulder injury. This may well be a blessing in disguise for Coutinho owners as his form over the past month hasn’t been anywhere near his lofty expectations. I would definitely be getting rid of him this week as he has already dropped in price. Eriksen, Ben Arfa and Ozil are all very good options if looking for a replacement.
- Arsenal guns Mesut Ozil and Oliver Giroud both were under injury clouds during the week but both started in the UEFA Champions League tie against Marseille. Both will start against Stoke on the weekend
- After a number of managers jumped on the Hernandez band wagon, only to be bitterly disappointed, the young man missed Thursdays Europa League tie against Valencia. He will face a late fitness test to determine whether or not he is right for the weekend.
- Hull City captain, Robert Koren is now a massive doubt for the trip to Newcastle on the weekend after it has been reported he may have a broken bone in his foot. Unlikely for the skipper to feature if this is the case.
- Dimitar Berbatov will face a late fitness test to determine the extent of his injury. Darren Bent has fully recovered from a hamstring injury so Berbatov might not be risked.
- Hull City face a nervous wait over the fitness of Robbie Brady who picked up a knock. Should be right for the trip to Newcastle.
- Liverpool boss, Brendan Rogers, is “hopeful” that Daniel Agger will be available for this weekends game against Southampton. With the depth in the centre back position I can easily see Agger not being risked. Keep an eye out though.
- After joining Everton on loan, Belgium monster Lukaku is set to make his debut for the Toffees. I’ll be watching with intent.
- Manchester City skipper Vincent Kompany made his return after suffering a groin injury. He played the full 90 minutes against Plzen during the week and finished the game uninjured. At the end of the game Pellegrini said “I thought about taking him off to rest his legs, but I saw he was playing without a problem, so he will be fine for Saturday.”
- West Brom new boy, Stephane Sessegnon, could make his debut for his new club after being granted a work permit. Will definitely feature, whether he starts or not I am not sure.
- Joe Cole and Stewart Downing are both close to returning this week. According to Big Sam they are “Very close to a return”. However I reckon they will feature next week if anything.
- Pochettino has confirmed that Luke Shaw is fit and will be right to face Liverpool this weekend. In his press conference he said “He’s recovered fine from the knock he received against West Ham.”
- Both Soldado and Christian Eriksen did not start against Tromso midweek so will be right for the trip to Cardiff. Eriksen came on after 70 minutes and found himself a goal. Lamela started and got an assist.
- Maynor Figueroa will miss Hull City’s trip to Newcastle this weekend as he has been granted leave on compassionate grounds. Should be right for next week.
- David Silva is expected to be fit for the Manchester Derby after suffering a thigh injury that kept him out of last weeks game.
Well that’s the latest team and injury news for this week. I’ll be back next week for another installment of the News Wrap, until then, good luck for Gameweek 5!