Hi there and welcome to another edition of the News Wrap. After another high scoring week last week its time to assess the damage. Lets get stuck into it!
- Steven Jovetic picked up a calf injury against Newcastle midweek forcing him to be subbed off early in the match. Will face a late fitness test to determine if he can take on Norwich this weekend, unlikely he’ll be fit in time.
- Sone Aluko and Robbie Brady are once again rated as 50/50 for the upcoming weekend. Brady featured off the bench late against Tottenham last week. A home game against Sunderland will hopefully see Brady back in form… If he starts!
- After being knocked out midweek against Manchester United, Robert Snodgrass is expected to be “fine” according to Chris Hughton. It’ll be a tough ask at Manchester City but nevertheless Snodgrass should be fit. Both Tettey and Redmond will face late fitness tests before the game against Manchester City on the weekend. Van Wolfswinkel has already been ruled out.
- Jose Enrique has once again been ruled out for this weekends clash. Definitely time to dump. Liverpool cant seem to keep a clean sheet and an away game against top of the table Arsenal screams goals. In better news for Liverpool, Coutinho has been given the all clear to travel to London this weekend to face Arsenal. A spot on the bench seems likely.
- Steven Davis and Osvaldo are facing a late fitness test to see if they’re right to face Stoke on Saturday. Both should make it in time.
- Dummett, Collocini and Stephen Taylor all look likely to miss the home tie against Chelsea this weekend. Pardew said Dummett was fine midweek but that is seemingly not the case.
- Heitinga has returned to full training this week but the game at home to Tottenham is seemingly too close. Should be right next week.
- Agbonlahor is likely to miss this weekends clash with West Ham after suffering an ankle injury. Tony Moon and Bennett have already been ruled out.
- Kone has suffered an injury setback to his knee and is “more serious than we first thought” confirmed Martinez yesterday. He also said “I am a little worried about Kone’s injury. Niggles don’t usually stop him. We need to get to the root of the problem”
- Gnabry has been ruled out of the Liverpool game with an ankle injury likewise Flamini. Flamini is expected to return next week against United. Wenger said when commented on the Flamini injury, “Flamini is a short-term injury but he could be available for Manchester United. He’s out tomorrow and he’s out for Dortmund”. Theo Walcott’s name was also thrown around in the press conference yesterday and Wenger responded with “The earliest is Manchester United, but I think he will be a bit short for Manchester United.” Very good news if his return is imminent.
- Van Persie is reportedly worried about causing long term damage to his toes and groin if he continues to play through pain. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see his game time be monitored more heavily.
- Kompany is finally expected to return to the Premier League, albeit after the International Break. City are not willing to risk rushing him back early so will take a very cautious approach with the Belgium International.
- Hangeland and Rodallega are both missing for Fulhams visit from Manchester United this weekend. Hangeland is expected to start training next week, with Rodallega expected to be out for “a pretty long time” according to Martin Jol
- Mikel Arteta is back this weekend after serving his suspension in the cup clash midweek against Chelsea
- Chelsea have no fresh injury concerns and will travel to Newcastle with a fully fit squad.
- Welbeck has returned to training this week but will not travel to Fulham this weekend.
- Vidic and Ferdinand are both set for a return to Premier League action this weekend for the trip to Fulham.
- Huth is expected to return for Stoke this weekend at home to Southampton. Andy Wilkinson will miss with a knee complaint.
- Crystal Palace will take on West Brom with no new injury news
- There are reports circling suggesting that Manchester City and England goalkeeper, Joe Hart, has been dropped for today’s game against Norwich City. This would be a massive move from Pellegrini but one that isn’t totally unwarranted. He made a massive mistake against Chelsea last week and cost them the game. He hasn’t been in his best form this year and has made mistake left right and centre. He was ‘rested’ midweek against Newcastle so maybe this is a sign of things to come. Will be interesting when the team sheets come out
- Sunderland will travel to the KC Stadium this weekend with no fresh injury concerns. Brown is unlikely to be risked.
- The Mirror are reporting that Hernandez has been ruled out of the clash with Cardiff this weekend with a re-occurrence of the thigh injury that kept him out for so long. He just cannot prove his worth in Fantasy terms with these constant injuries forcing him on the sidelines. Hernandez was interviewed yesterday saying “I think I should be able to train normally all week and hopefully I’ll be ready to start, but its not my decision”
Well that’s the latest Injury and Team news for this weekends matches. No real big names injured at the moment but the news on Joe Hart could be massive. Hope its another successful weekend and the best of luck to all. Go Chelsea!