- David Silva unfortunately picked up an injury during the week in City’s romp of CSKA. Unfortunately it is now a lot more serious than first thought. The initial assessment was just a knock to the calf, but the Manchester City staff have determined a slight calf strain and the Spaniard will now miss 4 weeks. Of course this will be the week that I brought him in! Hazard, Oscar, Gerrard or Nasri all look like good replacements.
- Lukaku was “fully fit to train” to train all week and has fully recovered from the clash with Hugo Lloris. Will be right for the weekend.
- Michu suffered an ankle injury against Cardiff on the weekend that initially was diagnosed as a 2 game injury, however Laudrup confirmed midweek that he will now miss at least a month. With him struggling to get the points on the board now is definitely the time to dump him.
- Wilshere did not travel to Dortmund midweek and faced a fitness test on Thursday. He trained with the group on Friday and will be available. As will Flamini.
- Wenger has confirmed that Theo Walcott will finally return, hinting that after the International Break seems the exact return for the winger. Definitely one to watch list, especially if he gets back to last year’s form!
- Fernando Torres has picked up an injury during the week and is expected to return after the International Break.
- Winston Reid picked up an ankle injury during training and is now out of this weekend’s game against Norwich. Will return after the International Break.
- Eden Hazard was left out of the squad against Schalke midweek after initially Mourinho confirmed he picked up an injury and missed the group’s main training session. However this was not the case, Mourinho later commented on the issue saying “I don’t want to lie, he (Hazard) is not injured. He is a kid and kids make mistakes and fathers”. Mourinho did confirm that he will be in the squad for Saturday’s clash against West Brom but whether he starts or not is another question.
- Fulham striker, Rodallega, has been ruled out for up to 6 weeks. Brede Hangeland will face a late fitness test before the trip to Anfield. The defender has some nerve damage in his leg.
- Van Wolfswinkel has once again been ruled out for the weekend’s clash. Likely to return after the International Break.
- Sone Aluko has been ruled out for 10 weeks with an Achilles Tear, not good news for Hull.
- Nicolas Anelka is a major doubt for his return to Stamford Bridge this weekend. The 34-year-old suffered a slight groin strain midweek and will face a late fitness test before the game. Sinclair has once again been ruled out, Clarke saying “Sinclair’s done a bit of training this week but I think the game’s going to come a little bit too early for him”.
- Brady is once again a doubt for this weekend’s clash. He is still battling with that ongoing Hernia issue. Another 10 minute stint off the bench looks likely. Very frustrating. Bruce said “He’s still a little bit sore so I can’t see him making this weekend”
- Nastasic will face a late fitness test ahead of this weekend’s trip to Sunderland. Should be right.
- Wilkinson is out again for Stoke this weekend with a knee complaint. Looks set to return after the International Break. Walters, Huth and Pieters have all missed the main training session yesterday and will be assessed before the game on Sunday.
- Swansea fullback, Ben Davies, passed a fitness test midweek and started for Swansea in their Europa League clash. A great attacking option into Swansea’s defense!
- Snodgrass and Redmond are both facing a late fitness test for their home game against West Ham.
- After missing several weeks, Jose Enrique will face a late fitness test before the game against Fulham at Anfield. Both Gerrard and Johnson trained midweek and will be available. Rogers said “He has trained and his knee is much better so we’ll be hoping he will be available for the weekend”
- Coloccini has returned to training this week and is expected to be available. Stephen Taylor looks likely to return after the International Break.
- Lloris will be available this weekend after suffering a concussion last Sunday. He was rested midweek in Spurs’ Europa league clash so will be fit and available.
- Danny Welbeck will miss out again this weekend. Carrick, Rafael, Evans and Cleverly will all face late fitness tests on Saturday arvo to determine if they’re right for the Arsenal game on Sunday.
Well that’s the latest wrap of the Injury and Team news. Some big injuries to David Silva and Michu have really got this weekend off on a sour note for me. Let’s hope this high scoring continues, good luck!