Hello and welcome to another addition of the News Wrap! We are fast approaching one of the most exciting and stressful times of the FPL calendar over December so stay tuned to our articles over the coming month! There was Champions League and Europa League action midweek which of course brings injury and form news, lets analyse it!
- The biggest news of the week was the alleged injury to Sergio Aguero in the champions league midweek. This had exactly 891,061 managers on edge when the striker was subbed off at half time with the game poised at 1-1. Thankfully however, the Argentine was fine – he and Pellegrini had planned Aguero only playing 45 minutes regardless of the game situation. Will be ready to fire against Swansea come Sunday!
- Aside from the Aguero news, Leighton Baines is perhaps the biggest concern from the weekends fixtures as the full-back suffered a toe injury and had to be withdrawn from the match just after half time. Martinez said “Its still too early to know how long Leighton will be out”. 7.7 is a lot to have for one player in defense, but when he’s not even playing and has an unknown return date that is a serious issue. I would be dumping him this week within a heartbeat. As for replacements, Arsenal have strengthened as a back four recently and have some favourable fixtures on the horizon, Glen Johnson also looks like a good buy after returning from injury.
- Samuel Eto’o was stretchered off against Basel midweek with a suspected groin strain. Fernando Torres took his place and will be the likely replacement for the weekends game against Southampton.
- According to Chris Hughton, both Pilkington and Snodgrass will be out for “several weeks”. Both being out could explain Norwich’s horrid run of late, with these two combining very well last year for the Canaries. Pilkington is expected to miss around 6 weeks and Snodgrass is expected to return just before the new year. Van Wolfswinkel is also out for this weekends matches and is expected to return around mid December.
- Arnautovic will miss this weekends trip to Goodison Park with a hamstring strain. He has been pretty solid as of late so his owners will be hoping it is nothing serious. He should return in two weeks. Robert Huth will also miss.
- Both Bony and Rangel picked up injuries in their midweek Europa league game and are now a serious doubt for the trip to Manchester City. It is now seemingly an even more tough task for the Swans with Michu still being sidelined.
- Fernando Torres is set to return against Southampton this weekend after replacing the injured Eto’o midweek against Basel. With Ba seemingly out of sorts with Mourinho, Torres should slot straight back into the Chelsea starting XI.
- There are no fresh injury concerns for Newcastle, West Ham or West Brom. All three managers respectively confirmed they have a fully fit squad for this weekends action. Andy Carroll is likely to return to first team training midweek for the Hammers, very good news for them.
- Chamakh is expected to return this weekend against Norwich, while Thomas will face a late fitness test.
- Berbatov is a serious doubt this weekend after picking up an injury last week. Both Briggs and Rodallega still remain sidelines.
- Robbie Brady is expected to be involved again this weekend but the length of game time is still unknown. Very annoying times for his owners after recovering from his Hernia operation, he just hasn’t shown the form he did at the start of the campaign. This should come once he starts playing the full 90 minutes again.
- David Luiz and Samuel Eto’o have both been ruled out by Mourinho for this Sunday’s game against Southampton.
- Kompany has once again returned to fitness but will not even be considered for the game against Swansea on Sunday, Nastasic will also be given a rest with a calf problem. Both Jovetic and Silva are expected to return against Bayern Munich in the final Champions League group stage of the season, this is scheduled for mid-December.
- After all missing United’s midweek romp of Bayern Leverkusen, Vidic, Rafael & Van Persie “Have a chance” according to Moyes.
- Sturridge has reportedly “Trained very hard this week. He has worked exceptionally well”, according to Brendan Rogers, but there are now reports circling that Sturridge suffered an ankle injury in training yesterday and is now a very serious doubt for the trip to Hull. Be very careful captaining him and keep your eyes peeled for team news when it comes out tonight.
- Both Shaw and Lallana are both available for this weekends trip to Chelsea after being substituted early in the Arsenal game last weekend.
Well that’s the latest Injury and Team News ahead of Gameweek 13! Game weeks will be coming think and fast over this upcoming month so make sure you’re checking your team regularly and of course our site 🙂 Hope this is another high scoring game week and your team does well, cheers!