Hello and welcome to another addition of the News Wrap. We are blessed with some midweek fixtures this week but will be holding our breath as news is circling that the Liverpool vs Fulham game may be postponed due to train workers going on strike. We will find out more information soon but make sure you’ve got coverage, especially if you have SAS upfront! Anyway, lets hope that doesn’t happen and lets get stuck into some news.
- John Terry was an unusual absentee from the Chelsea defence last weekend with the centre back missing the win against Newcastle with ‘almost an injury’ according to Mourinho. He wasn’t feeling 100% and wasn’t risked, especially at his age. He is unlikely to line up against West Brom this weekend but should be right for the trip to Manchester City in the FA Cup this weekend.
- Ryan Bertrand is emerging as a doubt for the trip to Cardiff this week after clashing with a goal post in last week’s loss to West Ham. Paul Lambert said “its ribs. I don’t think he’s broken them but we’ll have to see. I don’t know if he will be available for Tuesday”.
- Newcastle defender, Mathieu Debuchy, is out of this weekend’s game against Tottenham after suffering a calf problem at Stamford Bridge last weekend. He will have a scan in the coming days to find out the full extent.
- Chris Hughton confirmed that Robert Snodgrass was rested last weekend as a precaution because of slight groin pain. Jonas Gutierrez however injured himself at training on Friday and as a result missed the game against Manchester City. Snodgrass will have a late fitness test whereas Gutierrez is expected to miss 2-3 weeks.
- Rosenior is extremely likely to miss this weekend’s clash against Southampton after the defender picked up a knock against Sunderland last weekend. Will be very surprised if he plays.
- Fernando Torres could return against West Brom this week after missing the past few weeks. The Spaniard is unlikely to return straight into the starting XI considering the form Eto’o is in, but Mourinho might see something different.
- There has been some chat about Christian Eriksen being injured after last weekend’s early withdrawal. This however is incorrect and was tactically substituted. He has somewhat struggled in recent weeks and might be time to offload. I still think he is paramount to Tottenham going forward so I’ll be giving him a few more weeks.
- Joe Cole and Diame are set for a return to first team action this week after missing the past few games. They will both be fit but will probably not be rushed straight into the action. Touch and go.
Well, that’s the latest wrap of all the injury and team news heading into this weeks midweek fixtures. A tad shorter than normal but that is expected with a short turnaround and no key injuries from last weekend’s games, thank god! Good luck for this week and enjoy the weekend off! Cheers.