Hello and welcome to another addition of the News Wrap. It’s finally upon us. We’ve been aware of this horrid gameweek for a couple of weeks now but it’s finally here. With only 10 teams playing this week its going to be very hard to manufacture a decent starting XI full of premiums, therefore smartly making good use of your free trades is paramount. With some International Friendlies being played midweek injuries are always a common occurrence. Lets analyse it!
- Arguably the best premium playing this week, Eden Hazard owners will face a nervous 24 hours over the fitness of the Belgium playmaker. Looming as a potential captain for this week, Hazard copped a knock on his ankle, which consequently left him feeling the pain after the game. He has said that he should be fine for the game this weekend against Spurs so hopefully he’s right!
- Jack Wilshere unfortunately has suffered yet again another injury setback. The Englishmen suffered a hairline fracture in his foot after a challenge from Denmark captain Daniel Agger in Englands slender 1-0 victory. This injury will set him back 6 weeks in more unfortunate news for Arsenal and Wilshere.
- Ashley Cole has been ruled out of the game against Tottenham this weekend after suffering an injury in training yesterday. Mourinho in his press conference on Friday declared that he will miss the game but should right in about 10 days or so.
- Hull City have confirmed yesterday that injury prone midfielder, Robbie Brady, will now miss the rest of the season after having surgery on a persistent groin issue. Sad news really because at full fitness was a very good way into Hull’s midfield.
- Scott Parker will miss this weekend’s trip to Cardiff after picking up a knee injury during training this week. Nothing serious and should be right for next weekends fixtures.
- Reports have been circling that Johnny Evans will now miss another 3 weeks despite initial timeline of a month. He was a regular starter for Manchester United before his injury and has dropped nicely in price to 4.8 meaning once he returns he could be a cheap way into United’s defence. But then again they will have to improve immensely if they start becoming relevant defensively.
- Sergio Aguero returned from a hamstring injury for Manchester City in their 3-1 Capital One Cup victory over Sunderland last weekend. The Argentine and his Manchester City teammates unfortunately miss out on Premier League action this weekend but however return next weekend with a trip to Hull then the following week have a tasty Double Gameweek against Fulham and Manchester United. Look to get him in!
- Robin Van Persie has been passed fit after struggling during the week with illness. A worrying few days for RVP managers but he has been given the all clear and will now line up against West Brom this weekend.
- Charlie Adam will now miss Stoke’s next 3 matches after aggressively stomping on Arsenal big man Oliver Giroud. In what was an unnecessary course of action that little man that some people were relying on for his game this week, but will now obviously be out
- The four Brazilian Chelsea players, Oscar, Luiz, Ramires & Willian all arrived late back from South Africa this week but nonetheless still trained in the main session yesterday. All expected to be fine aside from David Luiz, he will face a late fitness test to determine if he can play.
- Although not playing in the league this week, Laurent Koscielny is a doubt for the FA Cup match against Everton this weekend after picking up a hamstring injury. With Arsenal’s extremely tough set of fixtures coming up I’ve personally jumped off my Arsenal defensive assets, as they will find it increasingly difficult to maintain their strong clean sheet record.
- Popular Norwich players under injury clouds this week, Martin Olsson & Robert Snodgrass, have both trained in the main session yesterday and are available thankfully for selection. Good news for managers this week with a heavy reliance on these types of players being fit for selection.
- Tim Sherwood confirmed yesterday that Walker and Kaboul will be “In contention” for today’s game against Chelsea while player maker Christian Eriksen will have a late fitness test. Rose, Lamela and Chiriches all remain out.
- Yacob and Sessegnon will return to this West Brom squad this weekend in a crucial match against Manchester United. Anelka however, will miss after being suspended for his controversial celebration a few weeks back.
Well that’s the latest News Wrap! In what is looming as a massive game week for all managers playing your trades right is crucial. I’ve taken a -8 hit personally this week with a few punts that will either make or break my game week, lets hope make! Good luck for this weekend and be sure to comment below and questions for the upcoming game week or any queries you may have. Cheers!