With only blue skies ahead, let’s take a brief look at some of the options available to us for the double gameweeks to come! Oh and of course, the captains. We’re due a change of fortune!
- Toure – A great option for the gameweeks to come, City have a clean run ahead of them. Let’s just hope they can get their full team out on the park. I wouldn’t get rid of Hazard for him, but anything else is fair game.
- Silva – If you can’t afford the coin then Silva is your next best bet in midfield, City’s kind doubles are too hard to ignore (Confirmed for GW31, 34, 37).
- Zabaleta – My final City player of choice, Zabaleta is a lock in their defence and will provide brilliant value at 6.0 in the run home. I chose Kolarov over him before and regretted it straight away, it’s a much better feeling with the added job security. A player you can rely on.
- Cahill – Even though he doesn’t have a double, he’s been a brilliant selection recently. I got something right!!! Stick with him.
- Gerrard – Liverpool have 2 must win games coming up in their double and Gerrard will be instrumental. He doesn’t even have to impact the game to score well! As much as it defies logic, he’s a safe pick. It only gets better with the news that Lucas is back, hopefully we see him push forward!
- Mannone – My goalkeeper pick of choice for the rest of the season, yes I have caved. It’s more valuable spending the money elsewhere. He consistently get 3 point returns, then when he does pick up the odd clean sheet he usually sweeps the bonus as well. 3 double gameweeks to come makes him great value at 4.5. No rotation keepers for me.
- Collins – Not a bad budget option for the double gameweek, home clashes with United and Hull plus an away trip to Stoke this week. Great value at 4.3.
- Sterling – More value, if you don’t have the big 3 from Liverpool then Sterling could certainly be an option, just don’t expect any form of consistency.
- Johnson – I have taken the plunge on Adam Johnson, but I’m under no illusion. It could backfire horribly. 6.5 and 3 extra games to play was just too good to refuse as my 4th midfielder. Very risky pick.
- Lukaku – Finally Lukaku is fit once again, and he comes straight back into selection contention with a double gameweek mixed in with some kind fixtures. I’m still not a fan, however if you’re after a POD upfront then Lukaku is a risky but worthy option.
- Dawson – Unfortunately for Arsenal, Dawson has picked up an injury. Get rid of him.
- Adebayor – I bloody hate this man, he’s not only burnt the team I support, he’s burnt me once again in fpl. Goodbye and don’t come back. For those with unbiased views it might be worthy holding him for this week, he loves a goal against Arsenal… Prick.
- Paulinho – This wasn’t a surprising result, get him out!
- Ozil – Unfortunately out for a month after he hit some form, maybe breaks aren’t the best thing? Either way he has to go.
- Van Persie – Not worth the value anyway and Rooney is in better form, save the 2.2.
- Aguero – Hold me back, HOLD ME BACK!!! This is getting f**king ridiculous. Is he made of glass? I love the way he plays on the pitch, but this is becoming a bit of a joke. His hamstring has gone again, joining Man City’s whole physio team in the tip. I actually was dumb enough to trade him in as I needed to save every penny, instead it’s cost me 4 points. There’s no way he will return until the Man City derby, and even then I can see him having a longer stint on the sidelines. Hopefully he comes back into contention for Man City’s DGW34.
Toure – I suppose you could back him in for a customary second half bursting run, but it’s too risky for my liking. Pass.
Adebayor – Never ever ever. Please bear in mind the Gooner goggles I am currently wearing. But seriously, don’t do it.
Rooney – Keeping him out of the top 3 was extremely difficult, however Suarez just had to be there. Rooney hasn’t even registered a goal or assist at home since playing West ham back in December, but then again stats don’t even seem to matter anymore. Just look at Hazard last week. Logic counts for nothing! You get the feeling he’ll step up to the occasion this week.
Giroud – He loves a London Derby, but captaincy? One step too far. It really does come down to the top 3 this week, and it’s going to be yet another tough choice.
1. Sturridge – One which I will surely mess up again! I’m backing Sturridge this week, no team seems to be able to stop his movement and I can see him getting straight back on the scoresheet. I’m not going to over think it this week, United are not the force they once were and Liverpool should over run them. I’ll be locking him in.
2. Hazard – If you’re not confident Liverpool can get the better of United, then surely Hazard is your next port of call. An away trip to Aston Villa should be no problem for a rampaging Chelsea outfit, and Hazard is on fire. Can’t see him missing out really.
3. Suarez – Finally Suarez comes in behind both options at 3. Until I see him play consistently at striker, I can’t have him above them. It’s just too painful seeing your captain stuck out on a wing! Still a solid bet as captain if you’re struggling to make a final decision.
Lukaku – A home game against Cardiff has goals written all over it, however Everton haven’t been banging them in lately. Lukaku has had a habit of saving his best for the big occasions, so captaincy comes with all sort of risk. However as always, with big risks come big rewards. Certainly a big punt!
That’s it from me this week, good luck to one and all! Sorry if it seemed brief (I usually just blabber on anyway), I’ll be very busy for the next couple of weeks. Footy is back! Just to clear it up, AFL = Footy. EPL = Football. I’m sure it will be a busy weekend ahead for all of us addicts, enjoy! Cheers.