Woah! What a round… Every player who took the game seriously seemingly toned up, something very nice to see. With most teams playing 2 games injury and rotation will be even more prevalent than usual. Let’s get stuck into it!
- The biggest news emerging from the massive DGW was the injury to David Silva. He was a major doubt for the game against Arsenal this weekend after injuring his ankle against Manchester United. The Spaniard will be monitored before the game this weekend but is in the current matchday squad and is available, but will face a fitness test as a precaution. Should be right to play.
- Samuel Eto’o will miss around 10-15 days due to a muscle injury according to Jose Mourinho. The Cameroon striker apparently stopped and alerted medical staff before the muscle tore or aggravated so he should be targeting a possible return against PSG in the Champions League. Currently a 50/50 chance at the moment
- Remy could return to training next week and be a possibility to take on Manchester United next weekend. We will know more next week but is certainly a possibility at this stage. Santon is apparently ‘touch and go’ according to Pardew
- Tim Krul has been ruled out for the next 2-3 weeks with a knee injury. Bad news for both Krul and Newcastle has he has been vital in Newcastle’s revival from last years horror performance.
- Both Gayle and Chamakh will miss the game against Chelsea this weekend due to injury. Chamakh is targeting a return against Cardiff next weekend while Gayle will miss 2-3 weeks.
- Monreal has been ruled out of the game against Manchester City this weekend but is targeting a return to training next week. If he does return to training a return against Everton next weekend is not out of the equation.
- James Collins only played 8 minutes in West Ham’s latest game due to a calf complaint. The centre half will face a late fitness test before the game this weekend but is considered very doubtful.
- Clyne, Kelvin Davies and Yoshida have all been ruled out of the game against Newcastle this weekend. Rodriguez, Schneiderlin, Wanyama and Steven Davies will all be assessed before the game against Newcastle this weekend. The four are all being treated for knocks and will have respective fitness tests to prove their fitness before the game.
- Sergio Aguero is targeting a return in a massive clash against Arsenal this weekend. The Argentine has missed the past few weeks with his infamous hamstring injury but is finally set to return. I see a spot on the bench for him if he does play so I wouldn’t be jumping the gun and bringing him in early. I am having serious doubts if I will bring him in again this season, especially if he has dodgy hamstrings…
- Tottenham have received a much-needed boost ahead of a massive clash against Liverpool this weekend with Dawson and Chiriches both being cleared fit to play this weekend. Chiriches played for Tottenham’s u/21 side last night so will not be welcomed straight back into the starting XI. Will be fighting for a spot next weekend more than likely.
- Arsene Wenger confirmed in his midweek press conference that Ozil, Ramsey, Koscielny and Wilshere are “not close” to returning to action in the near future. Unfortunate news for Arsenal considering their long list of injuries. He added by saying “Koscielny is out for a while. After that Ozil, I don’t know but at least 2/3 weeks. Ramsey is perhaps the closest. He is 2 weeks maybe.”
- Alan McGregor will miss out on Hull’s game against Stoke this weekend due to receiving his marching orders midweek. It has now been revealed that he will miss the remainder of the season due to a kidney injury. Unfortunate news there, Harper seems like the obvious replacement.
- Jonathan Walters is suspended this weekend for Stoke’s game against Hull. In better news for the Potters, Charlie Adam and Stephen Ireland are welcomed inclusions to the squad.
Well that’s the latest wrap of all the Injury and Team news ahead of a big gameweek 32. How did everyone go last week? Was the big 15-game-gameweek everything you hoped and more? Personally I got 159 mainly due to Suarez and Yaya… Legends! Good luck for this weekend and I’ll be back next week, cheers!