Hello and welcome to the final addition of the News Wrap. It’s somewhat sad to see the season end but with such a disappointing DGW last week it’s refreshing at the same time. Without further adieu, lets analyse the latest news ahead of big final game week.
- In what was a huge disappointment for most managers, Wayne Rooney missed out on both games against Sunderland and Hull causing a lot of heartache and ranking drops. He returned to training early midweek but was not risked which is fair enough considering a World Cup is less than 40 days away. Will likely start from the bench this weekend with RVP also returning to full fitness.
- Sergio Aguero was back to his usual antics missing the vast majority of the DGW and causing more heartbreak, especially for those who brought in both Rooney and Aguero for the DGW. It is apparently only ‘muscle tightness’ and was rested out of precaution more than anything but is likely to miss out again this weekend. He has been declared fit to play so its only a question whether he will start the game from the beginning or feature off the bench…
- Aaron Ramsey was in a similar boat to both Wayne Rooney and Sergio Aguero in that he missed his respective game this weekend as well. After missing over 3 months of football it was disappointing to see him miss another game, especially such a crucial one where many relied on him to produce. There is talk he may not be risked ahead of a huge FA Cup final coming up shortly so managers will be patiently waiting for team news to release on Saturday night.
- Phil Jones unfortunately suffered a shoulder injury in Manchester United’s solid 3-1 victory of Hull midweek. He will definitely miss the final game of the season but will thankfully be right for the World Cup.
- David Silva has an ongoing ankle injury so will more than likely feature off the bench this weekend against West Ham. He’ll probably see some game time but with his quality it’ll be unlikely the Spaniard will start.
- Frank Lampard is likely to miss the final game of the season after apparently being ‘ill and in bed’. Samuel Eto’o and John Terry picked up respective knocks during training midweek and are doubts for the game against Cardiff.
- Sam Allardyce has confirmed that West Ham have a fully fit squad for their crucial game against Manchester City this weekend. Liverpool sold Carroll and Downing but can they repay the faith? Carroll has scored 5 Premier League goals against Manchester City, so he does like scoring against them!
- Juan Cala will miss Cardiff’s final game in the Premier League for 2014 due to suspension. He received his marching orders against Sunderland last week and will consequently miss the Chelsea clash.
Well that’s the latest wrap of all the team and injury news ahead of the final gameweek of the season. It’s been a fantastic season thanks to all our wonderful readers and something we are all extremely grateful for. With the World Cup coming up we’ll look to start up a Fantasy World Cup league and continue the banter throughout. More details to come, cheers!